Sunday 7 October 2012

I'm Seeing Someone

The term is puzzling.
Illogical.
I see my mother most days,
But I certainly wouldn't.

I'm not... whatsisname.

The Austrian.
With the windows.

No!

Without.

In this modern age,
It is the done thing,
Leaving some at a disadvantage.

Stuck in the past.

A la mode.
QUOI?

Who on Earth thought this offers the same romance as dating?
Going out?
Being in a relationship?

Shakespeare, Byron, Keats.
They are all rolling in their graves,
Like a synchronised deceased dancing team.
Their lessons have not passed on to us, clearly.

'Oh no, I'm seeing someone'.

I can barely bring myself to say it!
My voice fills with scorn when I make the attempt.
A ridiculous name for a ridiculous concept.

I really am stuck in the past.
A past I was never a part of.

How ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment